Project Assistants’ Case Studies
Professional Services Division of Major Medical Software Provider Integrates PM Technology and Deployment Methodology to Improve Client Satisfaction
Siemens Medical Systems is a global leader of information technology solutions for the healthcare industry, offering a broad range of solutions that break down barriers to help clients solve business problems, improve patient safety, strengthen the revenue cycle, and enable technology to improve patient care.
The Siemens Challenge
Develop a solution delivery approach that ensures consistent outcomes for large healthcare systems integration efforts to Siemens’ client. In order to achieve this desired future state, Siemens field-based solution engagement teams needed an integrated project management/solution delivery methodology with supporting toolsets, mentoring and training to enable the consistent deliver healthcare solution implementation services to their clients.
Project Assistants helped Siemens achieve their desired future state by developing a transformation plan and executing the roll-out of their Project Management Infrastructure. Project Assistants assisted Siemens in reaching their desired future state by following our proven methodology. Our guidance included:
- Assisting in developing and implementing processes, guidelines, tools, training, communications, and associated change management required to implement the Project Management Work Standards leveraging the newly established Project Management Infrastructure.
- Mentoring team members in order to develop a Program Management function that understood priorities and had visibility into all initiatives based on the developed Project Management Infrastructure.
Through the efforts of the project team and the guidance of Project Assistants, Siemens realized the following benefits:
- Established standard processes via our methodology, which:
- standardized all project request, routing and approval processes
- Established a single source of data for management reporting
- Ensured al project work performed was accounted for
- Set up the appropriate Project Management Tools infrastructure to ensure collaboration and accurate project information. Provided a single set of tools for teams to use providing consistent information to the organization.
- Mentored the Personnel in the organization to ensure that processes, practices and tools were institutionalized within the organization.